A straight forward guide on becoming your own superhero in 13 simple ways.
1. Keep your cells healthy. The first person you should always take care of is yourself. Although this thought sounds selfish, it’s actually not. Taking care of yourself reflects your ability to handle a situation or do your job effectively. Being overall healthy will make you fit both physically and emotionally. And, being fit will have a big impact on your productivity.
2. We matter. You are not breathing for your own only. We are all created to build a nation together. Take note that everyone has a role to portray in the society. Make it a necessity to meet, help, discuss, and build with others. The way you interact with people reflect your superheroic character.
3. Strive for the best version of yourself. Do not focus on others’ lives. All of you will walk this earth in different ways. You can’t influence the world if all of you has the same character and the same field of focus. Make the things that will make you get better every day. Make sure you are upgrading.
4. Practice the Art of Patience. You must not expect success to be with you after a day. You can’t be a version 5.6 just by exerting a single effort in few days. Get advice from those who made it they’ll surely tell you that patience is power. Be it and enjoy the adventure.
5. Keep discovering by asking. Don’t increase you doubts and curiosity by remaining silent. You have the right to ask, so ask. Don’t take it as a shameful act as it is your door to a new discovery that might be more than what you expect. Superheroes have no room for being shy when it comes to seeking genuine knowledge and information.
6. Embrace failure. Don’t always complain and blame life. Treat failures as requirements to what you are aiming for. These will always make you better. So, welcome failures as how you welcome new projects into your life. They are actually wisdom in disguise.
7. Feed your soul. Do not forget to pray and remember the Creator in everything you will be doing. Always keep your faith on Him. Feeding the soul is by being obedient to the Almighty. If the soul is healthy there follows the eternal happiness which will make you strong to struggle every single day.
8. Don’t ignore curiosity. There are curiosities worth ignoring but most of them bloomed into great knowledge and discovery. So, don’t stop finding answers to your curiosity. Believe it or not –It’s also a good mental exercise to your brain to make it active. There are hidden wonders in life and it takes a curious mind to discover these treasures.
9. Don’t underestimate optimism. Other than the health benefits being optimistic has, it is also a character of the Prophet Muhammad (saaw).
Allay (SWT) says “and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know” -Sûrat Al-Baqarah: 216
This verse tells us to offer optimism every time we face difficulties. Every time you feel burdened of whatever calamity life gives you, always remember that everything is in God’s hands and surely He has good reasons behind it.
10. Enjoy the process. Do not look much at what the end result is going to be. In too much focusing about the end point some times we neglect the fact that life is about the process towards it. If you make the process righfully, you’ll know that your destination is the one that is great.
11. Stand up for truth. Always embrace truth and eradicate fallacy in your way to your destination. Surely you will encounter people, situation, and things that will just deceive you with false ideas and some times they will even give you with barely no option at all but to be trapped with their deceit. However, no matter how deceiving the journey is going to be still embrace the truth, live for it and InshaAllah you will be guided.
12. Grow as an individual, work with a team. Develop yourself as an individual sticking with your principles in life and outlook. Grow with the sunnah and message of Quran. Grow into an individual inspired by the character of our Prophet Muhammad. And as how the prophet did, share your vision with a team. Work with others creating good deeds because by that you’ll see the people you work with will also contribute something to the person you will going to be. So, don’t forget to work with a team which has the same vision as yours.
13. Avoid your kryptonite. Put yourself away from the things or people that usually make you falter with your goals and distract you out from your focus. Everyone has his own krypton and surely everyone know’s what it is. Fight with it and don’t let it make you waste any single minute of your life doing crap.